Saturday 12 December 2009

Sophie's Steakhouse



Sophie's Steakhouse
29-31 Wellington St
London
WC2E 7DB

*Guest post by Marina*

A large group of us were here mainly to eat but there was a very long wait for a table so of course I took advantage of the cocktail list - the first one that jumped out at me was the Covent Garden (pictured above), a mix of Wyborowa pear vodka, peach puree, sweet & sour, grapes and matured English plums. This was really refreshing and not too sweet - a really balanced fruit cocktail that didn't go overboard into smoothie territory. For my second drink, I picked a Sparkling Pear Martini - I liked the pear vodka in my previous drink, and this one was made with the same vodka as well as elderflower cordial & champagne. Again, really nicely balanced flavors - it was a stronger drink than the first one but not too in-your-face, the way martinis can sometimes be. Someone behind the bar knows what they're doing. Although, be warned, they charge accordingly.

1 comment:

  1. I prefer my martinis in-my-face. Wouldn't mind trying (pearless) Wyborowa though. Never had it but lots of bars seem to use it.

    ReplyDelete