Saturday 1 May 2010

Pink Rhubarb Gin & Tonic



Bob Bob Ricard
1 Upper James Street
London W1F 9DF

As a curtain raiser to a Russian vodka tasting at Bob Bob Ricard, 
we were served a drink so delicate and delightful that it demands its own post. The pink rhubarb G&T was ice-cold, barely carbonated - just a slight spritz - sweet/sour and warming, topped off with a playful sugary foam. The gin - Bombay Sapphire - had been infused with rhubarb and sugar over a hot stove and left to steep before being strained. I may try this at home one day - but first I may have to return to BBR for further research in the field.

1 comment:

  1. Once I get a few moments there may be a post appearing up on my blog about rhubarb gin - the guys at Hawksmoor gave me different advice to the BBR recipe and I have two bottles on the side now...

    All I need is some tonic - it would feel wrong if I didn't try to make a BBR g&t as part of the experiment, as they were rather good (although not quite as foamy next time I visited).

    ReplyDelete