Monday 24 May 2010

Daiquiri



Never mind the Gimlet, if it's a short, sharp refresher you're after on a sunny spring evening try a Daiquiri, which essentially replaces the vodka with rum.

Daiquiri

1.5 oz white rum

0.75 oz lime juice
0.5 oz simple syrup

Place ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well and strain into a small, preferably chilled cocktail glass and (optionally) garnish with a twist of lime peel.

Although I refuse to count out vodka entirely, I'm beginning to become more conscious of its limitations, in cocktails at least. Rum, by contrast, is growing on me.

MORE DAIQUIRI
: Read the Rum Dood on this "most iconic" of rum drinks.

2023 update: The Daiquiri, effectively a rum sour, re-entered my rotation recently due to my encountering Hamilton 87 White Stache (pictured left), an aged white rum sourced from the West Indies offering amazing coconut notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment