Monday 23 January 2023

Lemon Drop

At some point during the earlier stages of the pandemic I stumbled across a recipe for the Lemon Drop, a 1970s-era sweet vodka concoction. Lacking vodka, but stocked full of gin, I swapped the main ingredient and made a few other alterations to produce what I insist is a more grownup and fragrant interpretation, whose name I liked and kept.

Lemon Drop

(Serves 2)

3 oz gin
1.5 oz triple sec
1.5 oz lemon juice
0.75 oz simple syrup
1 oz egg white

Dry shake all the ingredients (without ice) until the egg white is pillowy. Add ice and shake again until the ingredients are chilled. Strain into a chilled coupe.


Although not pictured above, I have been known to dash a couple of drops of Angostura bitters on the surface of the drink before serving, Pisco Sour-style.

No comments: